The nation’s unemployment rate is hovering at 10.6 percent, but direct-sales companies like Tupperware, Avon, and Mary Kay are thriving and continue to draw in new salespeople. Mary Kay has seen a 22 percent increase in global sales consultants between the first quarter of 2008 and the first quarter of 2009. Tupperware, thanks in large part to a strong expansion into global markets, saw a surge in sales reps internationally two years ago, from 1,851,450 in 2007 to 2,275,934 in 2008, and continued to see growth in 2009. Likewise, Avon’s ranks have swelled from 5.8 million total sales reps in 2008 to 6.4 million in 2009, with a 3 percent boost in North American reps, which was a slightly greater jump than the previous year. And while individual sales may be smaller, business is booming,…
- Direct Sales Company, Avon Cosmetics makes Top 10 Most Successful Brands 2009
- Can Direct Sales Help Women Living in Poverty?
- How to Help your Direct Sales Team Grow
- Article Marketing and Tupperware
- Mary Kay Parties can grow your Business